- 1 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch chilli flakes, (optional)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp. red lentils, (or puy)
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 limes, and zest
- Cook the onion and carrot in a little oil until softened then add the chilli flakes (if you want to include them) and cumin.
- Cook for a minute then tip in the lentils, tomato and stock.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Blitz briefly with a stick blender so you have a semi-smooth texture.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest before serving.
- This is a fantastic soup recipe that you can make when you don’t have anything for lunch and you want to knock something together with what you’ve got in the cupboard.
Total Fat 3 gm
Saturated Fat 0.3 gm
Carbohydrates 28.3 gm
Fibre 5.6 gm
Protein 9.3 gm