Prep Time 30 mins
Duration 4 hours
- 1 leftover turkey carcass, (from a 14-pound turkey)
- 3 quarts water
- 2 tins reduced-sodium chicken broth, (14.5 ounces each)
- 0.5 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 dash poultry seasoning
- 0.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic
- 0.25 teaspoon pepper
- Salt, optional
- In a stockpot, place turkey carcass, water and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 4-5 hours.
- Remove carcass from stock.
- Remove any meat; dice.
- Return to stock along with rice, onion, celery, carrots, bay leaf and poultry seasoning.
- Add remaining seasonings to taste.
- Cover; simmer over medium-low heat until rice is cooked.
- Discard bay leaf.
Total Fat 8 gm
Saturated Fat 0 gm
Carbohydrates 5 gm
Fibre 1 gm
Protein 24 gm