- 4 steaks tuna, about 140g each
- 2 bulbs fennel, thickly sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Put the tuna steaks in a large, shallow dish and spoon over 4 tablespoons of the marinade, turning until well coated.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Keep the remaining marinade for later.
- Heat a ridged griddle pan over a high heat.
- Put the fennel in the pan covering with the oil.
- Cook it for 5 minutes on each side until just beginning to colour. Transfer to 4 warmed serving plates and keep warm.
- Add the tuna steaks to the griddle pan and cook, turning once, for 4-5 minutes until firm to touch but still moist inside.
- Place the tuna on top of the fennel on each serving plate and drizzle with the reserved marinade.
- To make the marinade:
- 125ml extra virgin oil
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 4 fresh red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total Fat 9.4 gm
Saturated Fat 6 gm
Carbohydrates 12.9 gm
Fibre 5.9 gm
Protein 32.9 gm