Prep Time 15 mins
Duration 20 mins
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely sliced
- 1 fresh chilli
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 50 gm long grain brown rice
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 400 gm milk coconut
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 limes, juice
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Pop the vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- Stir fry the onion, garlic, or ginger, lemon grass and fresh chilli for a minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and brown rice, and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Throw in the carrots and cumin.
- Next, lower the heat and carry on cooking for a further 30 minutes until the rice and carrots are soft.
- If you need to add a little more vegetable stock, by all means, do so.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir thoroughly.
- Purée the soup in a blender and return the soup to the saucepan to heat through on a medium heat.
- Mix in the soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Ladle into bowls, scatter on fresh coriander and enjoy!
Total Fat 23 gm
Saturated Fat 12 gm
Carbohydrates 18 gm
Fibre 2 gm
Protein 3 gm