- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, peeled + grated
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 75 g couscous
- Mint leaves, finely chopped
- 0.5 lemons, juice and rind
- Cut the chicken in to slices, and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover the chicken with the crushed garlic, finely chopped red chilli, the fresh root ginger and the spices.
- To this add the grated rind of the lemon and squeeze over the juice.
- Add half of the olive oil and ensure all of the chicken is equally coated in the mixture.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes but ideally 3-4 hours.
- Cover the 75g of couscous with boiling water, cover and leave to absorb for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a non-stick griddle pan over a medium heat dry fry the chicken pieces until cooked through.
- Fluff the couscous and add the finely chopped mint leaves, the remainder of the olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the couscous in a bowl or plate topped with the chicken and a sprig of mint.
- This is a lovely recipe and makes a nice hearty lunch or light dinner.
- Top tip: For the best results, marinade the chicken the night before you intend make this dish.
Total Fat 8.6 gm
Saturated Fat 3.1 gm
Carbohydrates 12.3 gm
Fibre 2.1 gm
Protein 32.2 gm