Prep Time 10 mins
Duration 15 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 thick venison steaks, or 4 medallions
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 ml beef stock, (made with 2 tsp Knorr Touch of Taste beef concentrate)
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 85 g blackberry, fresh or frozen
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, cook the venison for 5 mins, then turn over and cook for 3-5 mins more, depending on how rare you like it and the thickness of the meat (cook for 5-6 mins on each side for well done).
- Lift the meat from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, then pour in the stock, redcurrant jelly and garlic.
- Stir over quite a high heat to blend everything together, then add the blackberries and carry on cooking until they soften.
- Serve with the venison, celeriac mash (see below) and broccoli.
- SERVE WITH CELERIAC MASH
- Thickly peel and chop a small celeriac, then boil with 3 small potatoes.
- Drain when tender and mash with butter and plenty of seasoning.
- HEALTHY BENEFITS
- Venison, an excellent source of protein, is low in calories.
- It also supplies an easily absorbed form of iron, so is ideal for pregnant and menstruating women.
- Venison contains good levels of the energising B vitamins – a standard portion provides 60 per cent of our daily B12 requirement.
Total Fat 5 gm
Saturated Fat 1 gm
Carbohydrates 7 gm
Fibre 1 gm
Protein 28 gm