Prep Time 30
- 150 ml cold water
- 50 g butter unsalted
- 85 g plain flour
- 2 tsp xylitol
- 2 large eggs
- Cream filling
- 240 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 45 g xylitol
- Chocolate sauce
- 50 g plain xylitol chocolate
- 60 ml double cream
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp xylitol
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C / gas 6.
- Cut a piece of non-stick baking parchment to fit the size of your baking tray, wet it under cold running water for a couple of seconds and place it on the tray.
- Sift the flour through a sieve and put it in a bowl with the xylitol.
- Set aside.
- Put the eggs into a glass or a small measuring jug and beat them with a fork until thoroughly mixed.
- Set aside.
- Measure the cold water and the butter and put them into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over a moderate heat, stirring every now and then.
- As soon as the water starts to boil, take off the heat and beat in the flour and xylitol mixture.
- Keep on beating vigorously until a smooth ball of paste forms and leaves the sides of the saucepan.
- Add the egg a little at a time, each time beating it until the paste is thoroughly combined.
- The end result will be a smooth and glossy paste.
- Use a teaspoon to make 18-20 dollops on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to 220 C / gas 7, and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- When the profiteroles are golden and crisp, take them out of the oven.
- Pierce the side of each profiterole with a skewer to let the steam out and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the cream filling:
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Place the bowl in a refrigerator for the time being.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce:
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently.
- Stir all the time until the chocolate melts and the mixture thickens.
- Set aside.
- Take each profiterole and cut horizontally into halves.
- Spread a heaped teaspoonful of cream on the bottom and gently press the top onto it.
- Place the profiteroles on a serving plate or bowl.
- Use a piping bag or a spoon to spread the chocolate sauce over the profiteroles.
- Serve immediately.
- To make profiteroles successfully, you will need to make them quickly. Therefore, you need to get all the preparation done first.
- Also, profiteroles go soggy quickly, so put the cream filling and chocolate sauce on top just before serving.
Total Fat 39 gm
Saturated Fat 21 gm
Carbohydrates 51 gm
Fibre 1 gm
Protein 5 gm