Prep Time 10 mins
Duration 30 mins
- 800 gm canned beef broth
- 300 gm canned beef consommé
- 2 large onions, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Worcestershire sauce, a dash
- 150 gm gruyere cheese
- 4 small slices French bread, toaste
- Throw the onions and butter in a large
- saucepan and sauté on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Next, add the beef broth, consommé, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Put an eighth of the cheese in the bottom of 4 ovenproof soup bowls and fill each bowl with soup, leaving some room at the top.
- Pop the toasted French bread on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Grill the cheese until bubbling and serve straight away!
Total Fat 23 gm
Saturated Fat 14 gm
Carbohydrates 25 gm
Fibre 2 gm
Protein 21 gm