Prep Time 20 mins
Duration 45 mins
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 100 g whole grain soy flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g stevia
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 25 g basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf tin with the butter, then line with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy flour, ground almonds, Stevia, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt and baking powder.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the olive oil, eggs, grated courgette, vanilla extract and basil leaves.
- Stir the courgette mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Then, pour this mixture batter into the prepared pan.
- Pop in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Then, place the loaf tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Tip out the loaf and remove the greaseproof paper.
- Cut into 9 slices before serving this healthy and tasty low carb snack!
Total Fat 11 gm
Saturated Fat 2 gm
Carbohydrates 5 gm
Fibre 3 gm
Protein 9 gm