Prep Time 15 mins
Duration 40 mins
- 450 gm sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 250 gm carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.2 litre vegetable stock
- 100 gm crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to Gas 7 or 210°C
- Place the sweet potatoes and carrots in a large roasting tin. Drizzle the veggies with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the veggies in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Pour the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Mix in the garlic and stir for a minute.
- Then pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 5 minutes and put aside.
- When the roasted veggies are ready, cool for 10 minutes and transfer to saucepan.
- Pop in a blender and whizz for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Stir in half of the crème fraîche.
- Reheat and serve in bowls, with swirls of the remaining crème fraîche.
Total Fat 27 gm
Saturated Fat 11 gm
Carbohydrates 36 gm
Fibre 7 gm
Protein 4 gm