- 1 leeks, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 sun roasted tomatoes, sliced
- 30 g spinach, (fresh or frozen)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- In a medium non-stick frying pan add the olive oil and the leeks and cook until tender.
- Then add the tomatoes, spinach (with the salt and pepper) until the spinach is wilted.
- Separately whisk the eggs and add them to the pan covering all of the other ingredients.
- As the eggs cooks, gently move around the edges to allow the uncooked egg on the top move to the bottom of the pan to cook.
- When the frittata is cooked through, you may want to crisp up the top without burning the bottom by placing it under the grill.
- This is a great easy lunch with enough to go around. The spinach provides half your recommended daily intake of vitamin A which has been found to help strengthen the body’s immune system.
- Pregnant or breast feeding women are advised not to consume too much vitamin A.
Total Fat 53 gm
Saturated Fat 6.4 gm
Carbohydrates 23.3 gm
Fibre 2.8 gm
Protein 15.6 gm