- 200 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 200 g portobello mushrooms
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 1 litre vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- 1 lemons, juice
- 1 bunch dried thyme
- Sea salt
- 10 g freshly ground black pepper
- parsley, freshly chopped
- Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in water for 30 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Chop the mushrooms and onion into small pieces.
- Put 1 tbsp. of olive oil into a large pan, add the chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Allow to cook down for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cover with the remaining olive oil, cook for a further 10 minutes until the mushrooms release their juices.
- Remove the fresh thyme from the stalks and add with the freshly ground black pepper and chicken stock, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Blitz with a stick blender so you have a semi-smooth texture.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Check for seasoning and add extra salt and pepper if it is needed.
- Serve and dress with fresh chopped parsley.
- This is a delicious soup that the whole family will love.
- If you wanted a little bit of extra luxury, you could finish the soup with a splash of fresh single cream. You could also substitute a quarter of the stock for white wine (250ml white wine and 750ml chicken stock)
Total Fat 46 gm
Saturated Fat 12 gm
Carbohydrates 29.5 gm
Fibre 32 gm
Protein 16.5 gm