- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp. light soya sauce
- 6 tbsp. water
- 3 tsp. ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven at 200°c or gas mark 6.
- Place the oil in a pan on medium heat and seal the chicken, ensuring it is white all around. This will take up to 5 minutes.
- Then mix the ginger, garlic, soya and water together in a bowl.
- Next pour the mixture onto the chicken breasts, ensuring that the mixture goes over and under the chicken.
- Place in tin foil, ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the foil wraps in a Pyrex dish or other oven proof dish.
- Cook in the oven for around 20 minutes
- Serve the chicken and cover with the juices it has been cooking in.
- Enjoy with a side of salad.
- Who says you need to miss out on Indian classics if you have diabetes?
- This ginger garlic chicken dish is low fat, low carb, yet high in protein.
- It is an extremely tasty, yet healthy dish.
Total Fat 4.8 gm
Saturated Fat 0.5 gm
Carbohydrates 11 gm
Fibre 2.9 gm
Protein 28 gm