Prep Time 30 mins
Duration 30 mins
- 50 gm butter
- 75 gm plain flour
- 350 ml milk
- 75 gm cheese vegetarian hard, grated
- 120 gm cheese goat''s
- 4 medium eggs, separated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 200 gm mixed salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemons, juice
- walnut, pieces
- 1 medium apples, sliced
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C.
- Melt 30g of the butter and grease 4 x 200ml soufflé dishes with it using some greaseproof paper.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a large saucepan, add the flour and mix well.
- Take the pan off the heat and slowly pour in the milk, whisking throughout.
- Place the pan back on the burner and bring the sauce to the boil, whisking continuously.
- Whisk and cook the sauce for another minute.
- Take the sauce off the burner and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the grated Parmesan-style vegetarian cheese and goat’s cheese together.
- Next, beat in the egg yolks and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Using an electric hand whisk, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- With a metal spoon, fold one third of the egg whites into the cheese sauce at a time.
- Spoon the mixture into the lightly greased soufflé dishes and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the soufflés have turned a golden brown.
- Drizzle the mixed salad with the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Garnish with walnuts and some slices of apple and enjoy.
Total Fat 34 gm
Saturated Fat 16 gm
Carbohydrates 27 gm
Fibre 2 gm
Protein 19 gm